This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the interview, Luis spoke about the importance of organizational structure and having a strategy – especially for content and sales – for first-time entrepreneurs. He also shares how he is experimenting with Reiki and meditation and is obsessed with personal development. He is learning to be more patient and deal with rejection on his entrepreneurial journey.
You can find Luis at the below links
In the interview, Luis shares
- I started my career almost 20 years ago. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. So 20 years ago I left Portugal in direction of Finland.
- I was lucky enough to work in Nokia that time. Nokia was still a really big company
- I’m an Amazon best seller, so I have four books published. The last one is coming in couple of weeks.
- From the leadership point of view, if you’re a leader in the company software de delivery is the core. But if you don’t really look at organizational structure, the strategy, the operations
- I was lucky enough to start as a software developer, but then I moved a little bit for more to, into team leadership and then a little bit more into organizational design.
- when people know me and they ask me what’s my background? And I say, I’m a software engineer, everyone, wow. How is it possible? Because I’m very outgoing. So I’m not shy at all, so I’m very social person
- My first book in 2015, if I remember correctly, was about a job retrospectives. So it was exactly a book on that topic.
- So what I do is usually I have an idea, I create a brochure, I create a brochure of that idea, and then I send to a bunch of people and ask for feedback
- then as hobbies I do water polo I play football as any Portuguese guy, I go to gym. I’m trying now as well.