This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the heart-felt, Ben shares his vision for a better world, and included a call for all leaders to embrace their humanity. We talk about learning and integrating the feminine side of humanity, and how he sees exchange and making changes in small increments as the way to create tectonic shifts in the way leaders and companies operate today.
You can find Ben at the below links
In the interview, Ben shares
- The most defining moment I would say is when I was asked to step into a C E O role, which was through a mentor of mine.
- It starts with a gradual degree of holding responsibility and really, taking it closely when it comes to both the execution, and also the nurturing element, making sure that things really fall under your care.
- Gradual ascend in leadership positions has really created a much necessary awareness that things are complex.
- It is very easy to say I care about this or I care about people, but it’s very difficult to take care, especially when in the heat of everything. So you’re have to have balance.
- we need to recognize the reality that sometimes there’s simply very little choices depending on where you are and the environments, the microeconomics. So you’ve got to sometimes do what you’ve got to do, but I always think there is a degree in that decision making.