This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In this open and honest conversation, he shares how living in Canada but having Indian roots has shaped his personality. We also discussed the role money play in our economic and psychological worlds, and how he sees Bitcoin as the future. Sunny also shared the difficult challenge they faced in 2018 and how they challenged and won against the Indian government in the Supreme Court of India.
You can find Sunny at the below links
In the interview, Sunny shares
- Combination of curiosity and money coupled with my engineering degree gave me the ability to read the white paper, not be and start tinkering and playing and learning and this led to my obsession with Bitcoin.
- India everyone loves cricket and in Canada everybody’s loves football. I didn’t want to around people who only talk about sports, so I started India’s first Bitcoin meetups which eventually grew to even larger ones.
- When growing up in Canada, I realized that kids took a lot of this for granted where else in Kolkata life was tough. It was a struggle to even have one meal a day. It really helps shape your view because you start to realize that the world is not like.
- Our goal is really to let people know that, once they get into Bitcoin they can have flexibility and they have options if they need to buy something from Amazon or acquire a gift card.
- I highly believe in connecting with people and talking to them and not just sitting behind a computer and programming and hoping that, you’ll hit the mark.