This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the interview, Violetta shared her journey from being an academic researcher to an entrepreneur, and what she has learned along the way. She shares how her background in linguistics, neuroscience, psychology, and game-theory all come together in her role as a leader of her organisation. She also shares her journey from being a quiet shy kid to someone who loves being on stage today.
You can find Violetta at the below links
In the interview, Violetta shares
- I’m the kind of person who thought that I would never become an entrepreneur.
- I actually have, uh, five high education degrees. I’ve really enjoyed studying my whole life.
- at some point, after I think a year and a half I realize that I’m, I’m burning out because, uh, I’m working nonstop.
- As an entrepreneur, you always think, Oh my God, I, there’s so much more that needs to be done.
- Why am I not moving? Why are we so slow? And now I realize that if I continue in that rhythm my whole life, then I’m, you know, I’m not gonna be able to run for much longer.
- if I look at myself like four years ago and now these are two totally different people
- If I remember myself, uh, at school, I was, always trying to keep quiet. And now I love being on stage
- sometimes you need to. Allow yourself to express all those negative emotions, because if you keep them inside of you, you’re gonna explode at some point
- Hopefully one day I will be able to switch from wartime CEO to a peacetime ceo.