This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the interview, Jami shares about the people who have impacted his journey, the importance of clarity and self-leadership, and how that allows you to move forward with purpose and courage. We spoke about his dreams and ambitions, how he deals with change, and the power of choosing to do something instead of it being an obligation.
You can find Jami at the below links
In the interview, Jami shares
- We have to have very good clarity. Clarity is very important and having core clarity helps us to understand who we are while we are, making choices.
- Leadership is part of life, it is not only related to the business layer but also to the personal layer and on the social and civic and every aspect of it.
- Leadership is not only from driving value, it’s also about the identity and also how you advocate your ideas and how you boldly take the decisions and how you stand for yourself and for others, and how you develop and hope you double up and drive the influence, not only with your connection, with your community, but also how you support to build trust, which will act as an enabler.
- Multi-lateral communication is vital.
- Leadership need two things. One is mind and heart, but now it is heart and mind together.