This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing.
In the interview, we talk about how that led him to create a software solution to fix communication breakdowns. Brian shared how any corporate group behaves like a larger organism. We spoke about the transition from working in a company to starting your own thing, and how that requires stopping being anonymous and becoming comfortable with being in the limelight.
You can find Brian at the below links
In the interview, Brian shares
- What happens is there’s this slow disengagement of the employee over a long period of time.
- The decentralized process has more to do with the efficiency of creating better relationships than it does, even information because information only travels when the relationships are in a growth cycle.
- You have to put yourself out there and say, Hey, this is what I’ve got. This is who I am. And it’s a totally different process. You become a promoter of yourself and then you’re creating, new relationships constantly on the outside.
- We’re all part of basically the same growing organism, and that organism works better when our relationships work better.
- COVID pulled us apart. And we saw the, I think we’re seeing the after-effects of that.
- Unfortunately, sometimes it takes an accident before people realized how important they are to one another.
- A bigger group has an emotional body and a mental body just like you.
- Organizations are built like a tree.
- I don’t think anybody wants to be in a state of conflict. So any system that we can put in place where. We get out of that state of conflict. All you have to do is start the growing cycle.
- Conflict is a negative growing cycle where you’re, you’re growing up apart. You just have to overcome that negative growing cycle.
- Nobody grows without failures. And well, what we conceive as failures actually tell us more about ourselves in order for us to keep moving forward. So I think I’m grateful for all those experiences