This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing.
In the interview, Laimonas shares how he is building his 10th company, and how being bullied at school gave him the drive to succeed and prove others wrong. He also talks about family and the importance of placing people first, and how business is only a reflection of the energy of its people. He also shares how he has learned to hire people smarter than himself and not try to do everything by himself – which was limiting his growth at one point.
You can find Arturs at the below links
In the interview, Laimonas shares
- While you’re actually failing you’re learning a lot. That’s what created me as an entrepreneur,
- I was bullied at school and that made me a bit angry with the world. So I have to go and prove things.
- I really want to show that it’s possible to seek success while you’re smiling while you’re good to people while you are helping. And don’t be that douchebag businessman who is mean and really controlling things.
- I want to prove the other way of doing business. That it’s fun. It’s pleasant and it’s doable
- Business is just a reflection of people and the energy people create.
- When I started my business, I tried to do everything myself. Like I did marketing, I did sales. I did a one-man show, but that limited my organization from growing.
- when you go to do business, you expect stressful situations. You expect things to change super fast. So if you expect that, so why stress then? Why would you stress? This is the normal life of the startup things change so fast. So just don’t stress about it.
- a lot of times people sometimes think that I’m, too relaxed too optimistic, but it’s just me being myself
- if you want to outshine in this world, be yourself.
- focus on building something meaningful provide results for yourself, and your team and keep building,
- you can be a leader and still be yourself.