This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing.
In our interview, Sandeep talks about his career as a series of base-camps on the way to the summit. He spoke about his learnings from his father, shared his views on leadership – and how leadership all starts with being authentic. He also gave some advice on trust, building relationships, and putting down the weight or burden we unnecessarily put on your shoulders – as a leader. Those who are listening, this is going to be an inspirational listen for you.
You can find Sandeep at the below links
In the interview, Sandeep shares
- You believe in people they believe in you and that’s when great things happen. And that’s when trust builds.
- People recognize me for my smile and I keep smiling, even during the toughest of my days.
- A lot of times in leadership, people say that to hide their emotions, they need to read a mask. And I don’t think so. Those times are there right now. Post the pandemic, you need to be authentic, you need to be truthful.
- I’ve always, probably been in the background, not confident about myself. To now be in the foreground um, is been conscious of not being it’s taken a lot of hard work and effort work.
- When people are able to express themselves, that is a validation of a leader. I think that’s what we need to be.
- You just be what you are. I don’t think so. You need to fake it. Because people will see it if you fake it.
- Fundamentally, if you do three things that 1) give people clarity, 2) enable them to do the job and 3) keep motivating them, you will be successful in anything which you do. You don’t have to reinvent the wheel.
- I’m happy at the end of the day when you yourself are happy and the people we’re supporting are happy.
- Nobody’s perfect in this world actually its imperfections are what makes us so human beings.
- What got you here will not get you there. we had to shed some weight because when the oxygen would be less, the lighter you are, the better you walk.