This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In this insightful interview, we sat down with Priska, the co-founder of Techface, a pioneering company in Switzerland dedicated to fostering diversity within the tech industry.
Priska’s journey from the corporate world to entrepreneurship is a story of courage and transformation, and her passion for creating change in the tech landscape is truly inspiring.
She shares how she discovered the importance of being authentic and sticking to her principles, even in a male-dominated tech environment.
Her vision for a more inclusive tech industry not only benefits companies but also empowers individuals to bring innovation and positive change to society.
Join us as we delve into Priska’s experiences and leadership insights, offering valuable guidance for anyone facing challenges in their own journey to make a difference.
In the interview, Priska shares
- “I realized that working in a corporate environment meant I had to do what the corporate wanted, and it was a limitation of freedom and decision.”
- “It’s more than just going to the office from nine to five; I was looking for something that gives me more pleasure and purpose in my daily work.”
- “Don’t go into entrepreneurship with no money because it’s going to be tough in the beginning.”
- “My vision is to build an environment that allows everyone to feel part of it, specifically in the tech industry.”
- “I feel like I’m not moving forward fast enough, but I must see much more coming out of it than I do right now.”
- “Sometimes you feel that touching just one person can have a ripple effect and influence and inspire other people.”
- “I don’t want to bend for everything and everyone because I want to stick to my principles. It makes you more authentic.”
- “For me, it’s very important that everybody is aware of what I stand for and what I want to achieve.”
- “I think besides work, what I love to do is going out into the nature. It’s very meditative to walk up a mountain, to hike up a mountain because you get lost in your thoughts, but in a good way.”
- “Being authentic and knowing who you are and what you want is much more important than trying to fit in or comparing yourself to others, especially in a male-dominated tech environment.”