This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In this engaging interview with Ben Foster, CEO of the SEO Works, we delve into the fascinating journey that led him to the helm of his company and how his leadership style evolved organically over time.
Ben shares his inspiring commitment to hard work and how it has shaped his remarkable success.
He reveals the critical role of mentorship in his growth, highlighting the importance of believing in the potential of your team members.
Ben’s insights into nurturing company culture and his refreshing perspective on balancing work and personal life provide valuable takeaways for any leader facing challenges in a dynamic, high-pressure environment.
Don’t miss this candid conversation with a leader who has truly found balance in the world of business and beyond.
You can find Ben Foster at the below links
In the interview, Ben shares
- “Our mission as a company is to help our clients grow online, get more exposure, more leads, more business.”
- “I always wanted to work hard because I thought if you work hard, good things will happen, really, and that’s been my mantra all the way through.”
- “My love for computers developed from an Amstrad CPC 464 computer as a kid, which really developed my love for computers, not just games, but also programming.”
- “I never in my head wanted, had a vision of me being a leader. It happened organically over time.”
- “We want to prove we’re experts and share that expertise with people in the market.”
- “Our biggest focus and our biggest worry is we lose that culture as we continue to grow.”
- “We have a chairman who is a great sounding board. By having conversations and working things through, you often get to a good decision.”
- “You’ve got to remain balanced. Success and failure, those impostors both the same.”
- “Maintaining that calmness influences people around you.”
- “I’m outwardly calm and level-headed, and that’s the approach I take to running the business and working with people.”