This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In this engaging interview, Kathleen Hunter, a passionate advocate for embracing one’s uniqueness, takes us on a profound journey of self-discovery and leadership.
Growing up in a traditional household, Kathleen shares how gender stereotypes influenced her life and career choices.
Her story underscores the importance of education as a gateway to endless opportunities.
Kathleen’s deep insights into inner knowing and the power of meditation will leave you inspired to align your thoughts and emotions for effective leadership.
Join us as we explore the transformative journey of self-awareness, trust, and the pursuit of authentic leadership.
You can find Kathleen Hunter at the below links
In the interview, Kathleen shares
- “We are unique and have valuable skills, gifts, and preferences to share, but we are often trained away from that sense of uniqueness.”
- “Gender stereotypes are a huge part of limiting our perspectives and identity, but we are at an awakening in many societies.”
- “Education was my gateway to more opportunities, and it’s a guiding theme in my life.”
- “Trusting my internal guidance and connecting with my inner knowing has been essential to my journey.”
- “We’re taught to know who we are, but the truth is, who we are changes over time.”
- “We can always connect about something and agree on something; I’m not here to tell somebody what is right or wrong.”
- “Knowledge is something that we know has value, and it goes beyond mere information or data.”
- “Meditation helps gain alignment between thoughts, emotions, and the physical experience.”
- “Wellbeing is a spectrum of emotions and physical experiences, from peace and tranquility to enthusiasm and joy.”
- “Letting go is not giving up on your desires; it’s about trusting the universe’s guidance and knowing that wellbeing is natural.”