This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
Uncover the Inspiring Leadership Journey of Blake Hutcherson, CEO of Flippa.com!
Join us in this captivating interview as Blake shares his leap from a corporate giant to a startup founder, revealing the pivotal moments that shaped his dynamic leadership style.
Tune in to discover how embracing innovation and rapid change became Blake’s secret sauce for success, and learn how he harnesses customer insights and data to make informed decisions.
Dive into his unique approach to team building, where aligning individual strengths with company goals is the key to a thriving workplace.
Don’t miss this engaging conversation that’s packed with actionable insights for leaders navigating the ever-evolving business landscape
You can find Blake at the below links
In the interview, Blake shares
- “Flippa is a worldwide marketplace to buy and sell online businesses and digital assets.”
- “Moving from an established corporate entity into my first startup was a crucial decision that gave me the confidence to dive in deep and take risks.”
- “I learned to love innovation and speed of change. I thrive in innovation-based environments where change is a part of the culture.”
- “Customer happiness is reflected in the number of deals we do successfully on our platform each quarter and each year.”
- “We do 10-week sprint cycles: two weeks planning, eight weeks execution. That goes on for the entirety of a full calendar year.”
- “Listen to your customers, develop a strong gut feel, and use data to make informed decisions.”
- “We like to profile the right Flippa employee by looking at our existing cultural DNA and the people within it who are having the most success.”
- “We are a mass change environment, so we look for people who are adaptable.”
- “Our biggest challenge is driving matching at scale and pinpointing the right buyers for the right assets.”
- “It’s more about trying to remove the outside noise and focusing all of your energy on the noise that you can generate to drive the behaviors you want.”