This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
Step into the world of Chandan, the co-founder and head of UX design at Coditas, a dynamic software development company shaping the digital landscape.
With a team of 80 design practitioners, his leadership journey is a masterclass in bridging tech and design. Hailing from a small town near Varanasi, his life’s tapestry is woven with lessons of empathy and perseverance, a bedrock for his career evolution.
His passion for design, sparked during his college years, has grown into a guiding light for his team. Amidst the fast-paced tech realm, Chandan’s unique blend of spirituality and meditation keeps him centered, nurturing both personal growth and professional excellence.
As Coditas soars, Chandan faces a challenge that resonates with every leader – cultivating curiosity and encouraging a culture of questioning.
His secret? Fostering an environment where mistakes are embraced as stepping stones to success. His journey is an ode to growth, an invitation to step out of comfort zones, and a reminder that genuine connections shape remarkable futures.
You can find Chandan at the below links
In the interview, Chandan shares
- “I am currently working as the co-founder and head of UX design at Coditas, where we offer everything from UX strategy to AI-driven software development.”
- “From my small-town upbringing near Varanasi, I imbibed the values of hard work and valuing what you have.”
- “I started enjoying design, and today, if there’s one thing I could do my entire life for free, it’s design.”
- “In dealing with high-pressure situations and people, meditation and spirituality have played a pivotal role in keeping me grounded.”
- “As my company grows, I’ve realized the importance of maintaining a balance between business and people.”
- “I consistently learned the value of upgrading your own skills, no matter at what position I reach.”
- “As a leader, my focus is on enabling my team to develop new AI-driven thinking, ensuring their success even beyond our company.”
- “The biggest organizational challenge we face is cultivating curiosity and encouraging our team to question the norm.”
- “I channelize my emotions into productive outlets, making sure they contribute positively to my work.”
- “If I could wake up with a new skill, it would be the ability to understand people beyond their words.”