This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
Anthony is the Founder and Co-Chair of NEXT powered by Shulman Rogers where they are innovating in delivering legal services to startup and emerging growth companies.
Join us in this insightful and engaging interview with a seasoned entrepreneur, startup attorney, and investor, as he shares his incredible journey in the startup ecosystem spanning over 25 years.
Discover how he transformed his passion for innovation into a thriving platform, Next Powered by Schulman Rogers, revolutionizing the way legal services are delivered to startups.
Gain valuable leadership insights on maintaining culture in a distributed workforce, navigating global markets, and staying resilient in the face of challenges.
If you’re looking for inspiration and practical advice on entrepreneurship and building a successful venture, this interview is a must-listen.
You can find Anthony at the below links
In the interview, Anthony shares
- “For me, my journey with entrepreneurship started in college and high school where friends were getting traditional jobs, but I was already starting my first company—a small publishing business.”
- “Every challenge you overcome, every failure you experience, provides an opportunity for personal growth and development in the entrepreneurial journey.”
- “At Next Powered by Schulman Rogers, we are innovating the way legal services are provided to startups, focusing on predictability and a customer-centric experience.”
- “Our mission at Next Power is all about empowering success, and we’ve launched initiatives like Startup U and Next Raise to support founders in building and scaling their companies.”
- “As we continue to grow and work with global startups, maintaining culture and building a distributed remote workforce become some of the key leadership challenges.”
- “I believe that stepping back to gain perspective during challenging times is crucial, and having a great team around you helps address and solve any crisis.”
- “My unique background as an entrepreneur, startup attorney, and investor gives me a unique perspective on what we are trying to achieve at Next Power.”
- “Outside of work, my family is the most important aspect of my life, and I also enjoy swimming and constantly improving my sports and exercise routines.”
- “To aspiring entrepreneurs, I would emphasize the importance of perseverance and agility—the ability to quickly iterate and make decisions with imperfect information.”
- “Entrepreneurship is not an easy road, but the rewards and fulfillment it brings make it a journey worth embarking on for those with a passion for creating something new.”