Welcome to the Deploy Yourself Newsletter. Every two weeks I share what impactful leadership looks like to show your own power. I also share the most insightful lessons and stories I encountered in the last two weeks. You can also read this issue online.
The 7 Paradoxes of Leadership
In my decade long study of human behaviour and what makes a good leader, I have done a total turnaround of what I consider good leadership today. In the process, I have discovered 7 paradoxes of leadership that I have verified in my own career and seen successfully applied with my coachees.
- You build trust by trusting first. Not by asking for proof or reasons for trusting.
- Leadership is all about relationships. Everything else (results, goals, targets) come later.
- Fear is your friend. It tells you what is important to you. Beyond fear is growth.
- Stop trying to understand life. Live it. The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know.
- Failure is the path to success. The more you fail, the more you succeed.
- Authenticity is a strength. The more you accept your shortcomings, the more people will respect of you.
- The only certainty is that nothing is certain. Control and security are myths.
If you want to share your own experiences of being on the journey of mastery, reply to this email. I read and respond to every reply.
Articles and Stories Which Have Fascinated Me
5 Steps To Deploy Yourself And Live An Authentic Life
We often tend to follow paths that others have decided on our behalf. However, taking the path less travelled and Deploying Ourselves can make all the difference in the long run. Let me share 5 things that you are probably not doing but which could help you find and create your own path.
- Understand Yourself – Your Values, Emotions, Desires, Strengths, and Weaknesses
- Realise that You are Unique and Special, Just Like Everyone Else
- Get Out of Your Comfort Zone, Live on the Edge That’s Where the Real “You” Lies
- Lead Yourself – Take Control of Your Desires, Emotions, Body and not Be a Slave to Them
- Stand Up and Speak Up for Yourself and Your Values
From an article from my desk titled 5 Steps To Deploy Yourself And Live An Authentic Life
10 Foundational Practices For A Good Life
If you want to improve your life, where should you start? Here are 10 wonderful recommendations from Scott Young:-
- Establish an Airtight Productivity System.
- Exercise Every Weekday.
- Read 30 Minutes, Each Day.
- Journal Weekly.
- One Conversation Per Week with Someone Smarter Than You.
- Track Every Purchase.
- Fence In All Your Vices.
- Wake Up on Time Every Morning.
- Always Have a Major Project.
- One New Experience Each Week.
From an article titled The 10 Foundational Practices for a Good Life
Alan Watts on Reality
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.”
― Alan W. Watts
That’s it for now. If you have any questions or feedback, or just want to introduce yourself, hit reply. I read and respond to every reply. All the best,