This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to celebrate leaders for the choices they have made, which are not always easy or comfortable, and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing.
In the interview, Yasmina spoke about the power of being yourself and then demonstrated it wonderfully by being her wonderful self. We talked about thinking outside the box, connecting with people as human beings first, and her journey from her roots in Africa to working in many male-dominated industries. She shares with us the valuable lesson she learned from her dad about working for passion and not for making money.
You can find Yasmina Kazitani at the below links
In the interview, Yasmina shares
- We are doing it because we love doing it. And we impress people because we are driven by our passion. So passion is, again, all about your leadership.
- I do not consider my teams like team members. I always keep them as a family because we grow together. We nurture together. I’m not your leader or your manager. I’m the person who’s just having the job title.
- When we talk about leadership. It’s tribal, it’s really, tribal’s ways of doing.
- Don’t be nice. Be yourself because you have your ups and downs.
- As a leader, you can not fear being wrong or being not knowing.