This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the interview, Pavel shared how his journey as an entrepreneur has evolved over the years. We talk about the importance of believing in ourselves, and how he has established teams in different countries that can work independently without his direct involvement. He also shares his love for flying and how he experiences freedom when in flight.
You can find Pavel at the below links
In the interview, Pavel shares
- I was interested in technical issues and legal issues and both together helped me to open the private legal practice for the internet companies in Ukraine.
- I decided to move to international law and international taxation and help Russian based internet companies to move abroad to open the subsidiary companies anywhere in the world.
- I went to the chief of the office I was working in and told him of the future of internet business. He listened to me but didn’t believe that was a good solution. I was invented by that Idea and I took on that step and just followed my idea and my dream.
- When I was a child I read a book written by the Russian famous authors. And there was a phrase, if you want to pass through the wall, you need only two things. You need to believe in yourself and do not look at the barrier. If you do not look at the barrier and look through that if you can, and if you believe in you, in yourself, you can go through the world.
- The first five years I worked really hard in Solar Staff and I almost had no time to have any kind of hobbies maybe except swimming in a pool or some kind of sports.
- I’m starting piloting. I will start my career as a private pilot next year in Oakland. I feel very excited about flying. Flying is like having freedom.
- I’ll also start my first art project. I’ll work together with a team of AIs to create an art. An abstract art, abstract portraits of the personalities.
- I allow my company and my team to make mistakes and and to learn from their own experience on those mistakes.
- Now I’m focused on the human and AI collaboration and sometimes it scares me. I start to learn A lot of subjects, a lot of terms about the philosophy of AI systems, and I start to know a bit more about that.