This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the interview, Patrick shares how moving to a foreign country forced him to step out of his comfort zone and start from scratch. At the same time, he shares how he has learned to come in with a very clear intention, asking questions, and geting started from day 1 when starting in a new job – which he feels is very similar to moving countries.
You can find Patrick at the below links
In the interview, Patrick shares
- it is very hard to find good people that embrace change quickly
- there are so many opportunities for organizations to get it and do it better
- be very open and resilient against the feedback that you get
- I think my main message really to everybody is to embrace change. Don’t be afraid of it. Um, change does not always have negative or bad things attached to it.
- the biggest challenge is finding the right people that, understand and want to go the same way.
- Listen more rather than talk.
- You don’t have to be the centre of attention.