This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
In the interview, Paulina opens up about her mental health challenges and how life has prepared her for what she does rather than any formal education. We spoke about her unusual background, and how she continues to draw lessons and inspiration from that – for herself and others. We spoke about the role meditation plays in her life, and the value of nourishing important relationships.
You can find Paulina at the below links
In the interview, Paulina shares
- the biggest challenges for me will always be related to things I care the most about, and that would be my relationships with people that love me and support me.
- when we talk about choosing leadership, I would kind of bring it to choosing inner or self-leadership first. How you want to show up? Is what you’re doing aligned with your values?
- And if it is, it almost doesn’t matter whether your message is heard. Two people or 200,000 because that authenticity means everything.
- I totally believe that if you choose to show your authenticity and in your self-readership over and over again, sooner or later the world will pay attention.
- I would say come back to what feels really good in your body. So when you are doing it, it feels meaningful. And after you’ve done it, you get this internal feeling of satisfaction and prioritize these things like taking courage enough to prioritize yourself, your desires, and your passions.
- Just be prepared for the fact that some people love you, some people will be neutral and some people will hate you. And that is the journey of any person that chooses to be real In the world.