This is the Leadership Journey series on the Choosing Leadership Podcast.
I believe we all have a lot to learn from each other’s stories – of where we started, where we are now, and our successes and struggles on the way. With this series of interviews, my attempt is to give leaders an opportunity to share their stories and for all of us to learn from their generous sharing. If you know a leader whom you would like to see celebrated on the show, please send me a message on LinkedIn with their name.
Embark on an inspiring journey with Tanushree, the Co-founder and CEO of Global Garner Sales Services Limited, as she shares her remarkable transition from a 15-year career at the State Bank of India to becoming an ambitious entrepreneur.
In this candid interview, Tanushree delves into the motivations that fueled her shift, highlighting the challenges faced, including a pivotal moment when a major corporate partner attempted to reshape their business dynamics.
Discover the invaluable lessons Tanushree learned about leadership, team dynamics, and resilience, providing practical insights for fellow entrepreneurs navigating their own professional paths.
Join us for a conversation that goes beyond the success story, offering relatable anecdotes and empowering advice for those ready to take risks and build their own business empires.
You can find Tanushree at the below links
In the interview, Tanushree shares
- “Leaving a government job in India is no easy decision, but driven by ambition and the desire to be together, my husband and I transitioned from banking and insurance careers to co-found Global Garner Sales Services Limited.”
- “Our journey from a corporate job to entrepreneurship was fueled by a desire to live together amidst transferable jobs. This decision, born out of ambition and a commitment to each other, led us to build something greater for society.”
- “In the face of challenges, we chose not to abandon our core team, even when a major corporate partner sought to change the terms. Our refusal sparked two tough years, but unwavering dedication and belief in a higher power helped us overcome those trying times.”
- “Leadership, for me, is about creating more leaders. Learning from experiences, especially my husband’s insights from high-profile corporate positions, has shaped my leadership style to focus on identifying and nurturing the strengths of my team.”
- “The vision for Global Garner is not just to be a company but the world’s biggest organization by empowering people. Our mission involves creating a vast network of entrepreneurs and digitally empowered vendors, generating sustainable jobs and benefitting generations to come.”
- “Facing the challenge of finding leaders in our journey, we’re expanding our recruitment drive to build a strong team for Global Garner’s ambitious goals. Identifying individuals who are not only ready to work but also ready to lead remains a significant challenge.”
- “Dealing with the pressures of entrepreneurship requires self-reflection and spending quality time with family. Recognizing that I am my own best friend, I find solace in moments of solitude, allowing me to recharge and tackle challenges with renewed vigor.”
- “To empower our team, we focus on creating strong bonds within our organization. Daily huddles, team outings, and fostering empathy help in understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each team member, laying the foundation for a collaborative and supportive work culture.”
- “As we venture into the FinTech space, the biggest opportunity lies in the growing industry in India. Leveraging my background in banking and finance, Global Garner aims to capitalize on the potential of FinTech to further enhance our offerings.”
- “If I could wake up with a new skill, it would be the ability to make Global Garner a household name, like Amazon or Flipkart. Understanding human psychology is crucial, and my goal is to connect with people on a deeper level to make our brand universally recognized.”