This series will look at leadership from the point of view of an investor or VC.
In each episode of this series, we will explore what traits, behaviors, or red flags investors see in the leaders that they work with – and how founders evolve over time as they become better leaders.
Erik Norberg is the CEO, Co-founder and Portfolio Manager at Nyfikna Investerare, one the Sweden’s fastest growing investor networks.
In this captivating interview, a seasoned CEO turned investor and entrepreneur shares his transformative journey and sheds light on the traits that drive success in the startup and entrepreneur world.
Having transitioned from leading large corporations to the fast-paced world of startups, he reveals the motivation behind his shift and the value he finds in being closer to the action. With a passion for making an impact and seeing immediate results, he explains how the agility and speed of startups captivated his interest.
Drawing from his experience, he highlights the importance of vision, confidence, and empathy for entrepreneurs, while also discussing the challenges of decision-making and providing valuable feedback.
Looking ahead, he talks about the exciting opportunities presented by emerging technologies and the role of skilled individuals in capitalizing on them. With his investment company, Curious Investors, he aims to support and nurture promising startups, leveraging his expertise and fostering growth in a rapidly changing business landscape.
You can find Erik at the below links
In the interview, Erik shares
- “I’ve spent a major part of my career as a CEO in different medium tech companies.”
- “I run an investment company called Curious Investors, which combines a syndicate and educational network for early-stage startups.”
- “I made the tough decision to transition from being a CEO in large corporations to working as an investor and entrepreneur.”
- “My interest in leadership started at an early age when I worked in the Swedish Navy.”
- “Working in fast-moving environments with international markets nurtured my leadership journey.”
- “I wanted to use my experience in leadership and big corporations to support entrepreneurs in their growth journeys.”
- “As an investor, I prioritize keeping the energy and traction up in startup and entrepreneur ventures.”
- “A good investor or board advisor can help entrepreneurs navigate challenges and make informed decisions.”
- “It’s important to balance confidence and empathy as a leader in the startup world.”
- “I shifted to investing in early-stage companies to be closer to making an impact and seeing results.”