This series will look at leadership from the point of view of an investor or VC.
In each episode of this series, we will explore what traits, behaviors, or red flags investors see in the leaders that they work with – and how founders evolve over time as they become better leaders.
Subrata Patra is the Managing Partner at IdeaCapital Ventures and an Alumnus of UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, IIT Delhi, and Jadavpur University.
Join us for an insightful and engaging conversation with Subrata Patra, as he shares his remarkable journey and invaluable leadership lessons.
With over two decades of experience spanning diverse industries, Subrata’s perspective on leadership has evolved, emphasizing the importance of being a good follower before becoming a great leader.
Discover how leadership styles have transformed from authoritative to coaching, with an emphasis on leading by example. Gain practical advice on navigating challenges, fostering authenticity, and developing a purpose-driven approach.
Don’t miss this friendly and value-packed interview that will inspire you to embrace resilience, mindfulness, and continuous learning in your leadership journey.
You can find Subrata at the below links
In the interview, Subrata shares
- “Leadership has evolved from being authoritative to being a coach, employing different styles to solve problems and lead by example.”
- “To become a good leader, one must first be a good follower, understanding the nuances of being a team player.”
- “Authenticity, purpose, and leading by example are key traits of effective leadership in today’s organizations.”
- “Leadership is difficult to define because it is vast and unique in its meaning, making it an interesting and challenging concept.”
- “Taking failure positively is crucial to personal and professional growth, embracing the lessons it offers.”
- “In our firm, we back purpose-driven founders and entrepreneurs who are solving important problems, with a particular focus on climate tech and health tech.”
- “Resilience, passion, and the ability to be dispassionate are essential traits we look for in founders.”
- “Mindfulness and strong cultural values create a solid foundation for successful startups.”
- “Investing in the right team is crucial, and we focus heavily on understanding the founders, the senior team, and the organizational dynamics.”
- “Keeping our ears and minds open allows us to learn from both good and bad experiences, embracing the idea of continuous learning.”