The 7 Leadership Paradoxes
Leadership is as much an art as it is a science. It is also full of paradoxes – which are seemingly contradictory elements that exist simultaneously.
The paradoxes are:-
- You build trust by trusting first. Not by asking for proof or reasons for trusting.
- Leadership is all about conversations. Everything else – all the results – is a function of your conversations.
- Fear is your friend. It tells you what is important to you. There is growth beyond fear.
- Leadership is about Power but not the way you think about it.
- There is no such thing as failure. We would all still be crawling if failure was “real”.
- Emotions and vulnerability are strengths. The more you accept yourself for who you are, the more people will respect you.
- You can not control anybody or anything else. As a leader, you can be in charge but never in control.